Accessing BC Assessment's Property Database Through BC OnLine
Customer information services
To provide customers with convenient and efficient information services at reasonable costs, BC Assessment makes its property information database accessible through BC OnLine. The BC OnLine Internet service provides private and public sector customers with access to a number of government databases.
BC Assessment's property database
BC Assessment's database contains non-confidential assessment information for all real property in British Columbia. This information is copyrighted by BC Assessment.
The database records combine the most current ownership information with the most recently published assessment information. Land Title Survey Plan images are also available through BC OnLine with more than 400,000 survey plans available via the Internet.
BC OnLine customers can search the BC Assessment database to:
- access a Property Identification (PID) number to search the Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA) System;
- search for property ownership or location information;
- obtain detailed property assessment roll information including recent sales; and
- obtain residential property inventory details.
BC OnLine customers can access four levels of property information:
Level 1: Owner/Location Query Report (OQ)
The Owner/Location Query Report lists the following information on any property
- assessment area
- jurisdiction code
- roll number
- neighbourhood number
- school district number
- number of owners along with their name and address
- the property’s LTSA document and PID numbers
- the LTSA file number (if one exists)
- the legal description of the property
Level 2: Assessment Roll Query Report (AQ)
The Assessment Roll Query Report contains information listed in the Level 1 report plus:
- the property class
- manual class of buildings
- value of both land and improvements
- total actual value
- previous actual value (2 years)
- actual and land use information
- tenure information
- the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) code
- the property’s dimensions
- the five most recent sales
Level 3: Residential Inventory Query Report (IQ)
The Residential Inventory Query Report contains information listed in both the Level 1 and 2 reports, plus:
- main building manual class
- year built
- effective year
- total finished area
- number of stories
- number of bathrooms
- number of bedrooms
- pool-yes or no
Level 4: Land Title Survey Plans (accessed through the BC OnLine web site Main Menu)
The Land Title Survey Plan transaction is an electronic image of the original registered survey plan that can be downloaded to a personal computer. Survey Plans usually include:
- lot dimensions
- lot area
- lot boundaries
- adjoining plan numbers
- date of registration
- legal description
- in the case of stratas, building details
How to subscribe?
Any person who subscribes to BC OnLine can access the BC Assessment database. The amount of detail required (i.e. which level of reports users choose) will determine the cost of the search.
To obtain your registration package, call BC OnLine’s province-wide toll free number: 1-800-663-6102. In Victoria, telephone 953-8250 or fax 953-8222, or visit the BC OnLine website at www.bconline.gov.bc.ca.
Disclaimer: Where information presented is different from legislation, legislation shall prevail.